Recipe: Pork Tortillas
Panfry (Trim Pork)
Preparation: 5 – 10 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
- 450g NZ Trim Pork schnitzel cut into strips
- Pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small green pepper, deseeded & chopped finely
- 1/2 cup reduced salt chicken stock
- 1/2 cup chopped peeled tomatoes
- 3 tbsp chopped coriander
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 8 soft tortillas
- 1 cup green salad
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- Heat the oil in a heavy based pan. Season pork with pepper, add to the pan and stir fry until brown.
- Remove pork and set aside. Place onion and green pepper in the pan and cook until tender. Add stock, reduce heat and simmer for one minute.
- Stir in tomato and simmer two minutes. Return pork, coriander and lime juice and cook for a further minute.
- Warm tortillas and fill with mixture, salad and red pepper. Roll up.
Recipe appears courtesy of the 100% NZ Pork website.