Recipe: Soy, Honey and Ginger Roast Chicken
A sweet and sour treat that’s bound to impress, and an easy one in the oven at that.
Preparation Time: 2hrs 10mins
Cook Time: 1hr
- 1/3 cup Soy Sauce
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 3cm piece Fresh Ginger, peeled, finely grated
- 2 Garlic Cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon Sesame Seeds
- 4 pieces each of Chicken Thighs and Drums
- Salad Greens to serve
- Combine Soy Sauce, Honey, Ginger, Garlic and Sesame Seeds in a glass or ceramic dish. Add chicken. Toss to coat. Cover. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius/160 degrees fan-forced. Arrange chicken and marinade in a large baking dish.
- Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour, or until chicken is golden and cooked through, turning halfway through cooking.
- Serve with Salad Greens
- Chop Roasting Potatoes into chunks, toss in oil and crushed garlic and place in the oven in a separate dish with chicken, turning once during baking.