Recipe: Spanish Pork Chops
Ariba! A spicy spanish combo for pork chops. This one is for the slow cooker, and comes from our friends at 100% NZ Pork.
Preparation: 2 mins
Cooking time: 60 – 480 mins
- 4 pork shoulder or loin chops, trimmed of fat
- 2 onions, peeled and thickly sliced
- 4 pork chorizo sausages, cut in 2cm slices
- 1 capsicum, sliced
- 1 tsp smoked paprika powder
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh thyme
- 1 400g can chopped tomatoes in juice
- 1 cup red wine
If you do not have chorizo sausages add:
2 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
1 tbsp chopped dried chillies
1. Place all ingredients in a slow cooker. 2. Set to low and cook for 8 hours.
3. Serve with mashed potatoes and stir-fried cabbage or coleslaw.
If you do not have a slow cooker:
1. Brown the pork and onions in a little oil in a heavy-based frypan.
2. Transfer to a lidded casserole dish with all other ingredients.
3. Cover and cook in a pre-heated oven at 160º – 170ºC for 1 hour until meat tender.