Recipe: American Pork Popcorn
Quick and easy, serve as a yummy starter, or finger food at your next gathering.
PANFRY (TRIM PORK)
Preparation: 10 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
- 500g 100% NZ scotch or fillet pork steaks, cut into cubes
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp sweet soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1x egg, lightly beaten
- 6x cream crackers, crushed and crumbed
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- Place the pork in a bowl and stir in the sauces and sesame oil.
- Stir in the egg.
- Mix the crumbed crackers and cornflour together and spread on a plate.
- Heat the oil in a wok or fry pan until hot.
- Coat the pork in the crumb mixture and fry the pork until golden brown.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and serve as finger food with toothpicks and a dipping sauce.
With thanks to Pork NZ for the recipe.