Recipe: Pickled Pork with Cider and Raisin Sauce
|Preparation: 10 mins||Cooking time: 60 mins||Serves: 8|
This recipe originally comes from the pork.co.nz website.
- 1kg pickled pork, rind and fat removed
- 100g carrots, peeled and sliced
- 100g onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 bouquet garni (parsley, thyme, bay leaf in a muslin bag)
- 4 whole cloves
- 500ml dry cider
- 500ml water
- 100g seedless raisins
- 300ml cooking liquor
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp cornflour
- 2 tbsp water
- Weigh pork and calculate cooking time – allow 30 minutes per 500g.
- Place pork, carrots, onion, bouquet garni and cloves in deep saucepan.
- Add cider and water, bring to the boil, cover and simmer gently for calculated cooking time.
- Add more water if necessary.
- Remove pork and reserve cooking liquor.
- Place seedless raisins, cooking liquor, brown sugar and lemon juice in a saucepan.
- Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Blend the cornflour and water, stir into the sauce and simmer for a further three minutes.
- Slice the pork and serve with the sauce.