Recipe: Moroccan Spiced Chicken and Couscous
The original recipe can be found on the Inghams Consumer website.
- 500g chicken tenderloins
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp each; cinnamon, ground coriander and cumin
- Pinch chilli powder, turmeric, salt
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 cup reduced salt chicken stock
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 Tbsp sultanas
- ¼ red onion, sliced
- 1 Tbsp toasted pinenuts
- Combine chicken with oil, lemon juice, spices, garlic and honey. Set aside to stand for 15 minutes.
- Cook chicken in a lightly oiled pan or barbecue for 3-4 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Place stock in a saucepan and bring to the boil. Remove from heat and stir in couscous. Allow to stand for 5 minutes and then fluff up with a fork. Stir through sultanas, onion and pine nuts.
- Serve chicken over couscous with a chopped tomato and cucumber salad and minted yoghurt.