Beef and Pasta Salad
Quick and easy and oh so fresh. Just the thing for a busy summer evening or a quick lunch when things are hot!
- 3-4 BBQ steaks
- 250g farfalle (bowtie) pasta, cooked
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- ½ cup small black olives
- 200g tub bocconcini (type of mozzarella cheese), cut in half
- 100g baby spinach leaves
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- freshly ground salt and pepper
1. Barbecue, char-grill or pan-fry the steaks until done to your liking. Remove from heat and rest the steaks for a few minutes.
2. While the steaks rest, toss the remaining ingredients together.
3. Slice the steaks thinly and mix with the pasta salad.
- Preheat the barbecue or char-grill plate to hot or preheat a pan to moderately hot.
- Brush the steaks lightly with oil.
- Cook the steaks on one side until moisture appears. Use tongs to turn the steaks once only.
- Cook the steaks to no more than a medium degree of doneness.
- Always rest the steaks after cooking so the beef remains juicy.
- Slice the steaks thinly so the beef is easily coated with the dressing.
- Add the dressing to the salad just before serving; the flavours of the beef, the salad and the dressing remain fresh and flavoursome this way.
This recipe is courtesy of Meat & Livestock Australia: www.themainmeal.com.au