Recipe: Apricot and Apple Pickled Pork
Preparation: 15 mins
Cooking time: 180 mins
- 1kg piece of 100% NZ Pickled Pork
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 3x medium sized Onions, peeled and sliced
- 2x cloves Garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1 tbsp wholegrain Mustard
- 1 tbsp grated fresh Ginger
- 1 tbsp finely chopped Red Chilli
- 2x Apples
- 16x dried Apricots
- 1 – 2 cups liquid – ideally White Wine and water (or try Chai tea)
Preheat oven to 160°C.
Place the pickled pork in a lidded casserole dish that tightly fits the pork.
Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat and stir fry the onion, garlic, ginger and chilli until onions softened then stir in mustard and place in casserole dish with pork.
Core the apples, slice into eight segments and place around the pork with the apricots.
Add the liquid and lid and cook gently for 3 hours, turning after 2 hours.
Remove all surrounding ingredients and blend until smooth. Serve alongside the sliced pickled pork.
With thanks to 100% NZ Pork for the recipe.